In order to increase growth, the company is looking for the ideal takeover target, according to CEO Jochen Hanebeck.
Hanebeck told Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung that the German chip manufacturer is continually “on the lookout” for appropriate businesses (FAZ).
“I estimate it to be between a few billion (euros) and more.”
The proposals come at a time when the demand for chips, which are used in everything from smartphones to cars, is surging and supply chain bottlenecks that have lasted almost two years have afflicted numerous international businesses, including the automotive, healthcare, and telecom sectors.
Infineon has stated that it sees growth in particular in electromobility, autonomous driving, renewable energy, data centres, and the internet of things. The company recorded a 63 percent increase in segment profit to 3.4 billion euros (A$5.36 billion) in the fiscal year that ended on September 30.
The newspaper claimed that the CEO would not comment on specific takeover candidates.
He said that the business might diversify into other markets, such as power semiconductors, sensors, software, and artificial intelligence.
Hanebeck told FAZ that it was perfectly plausible for startups with insufficient funding, for instance, to wish to join a corporation.
Infineon announced last month that it was preparing to build a new $5 billion facility in Dresden, Germany.
According to a media report, Taiwan’s TSMC is also in advanced discussions to build its first plant in Europe in Dresden.
Another media source claims that Intel, on the other hand, has changed its mind about establishing a chip facility in eastern Germany in the first half of 2023.


